Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CrossTab with No Data

Ozzy_Campos
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm trying to solve an issue - I'm building a workflow that generates 12k individual sheets with information about airfields - my workflow works great with the majority of the inputs, but in cases where there is no data reaching a crosstab  / transpose, all future calculations error out, and I can't union the data together.  Ideally, the end of the crosstab I'd like to just have an output with a single column name and no data, so I can just union it together.  But it seems that each time I make a fix for cases where there's no incoming data, it messes up the rest.  

I tried the 'ensure data' with CREW macros, but unless I'm missing something, it won't keep a column when there's no data. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Maybe try this:

Text input a dummy record
Union it with the cross tab output, keep it as first record in the configuration.
Sample and skip the first record.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Ozzy_Campos
8 - Asteroid

@MarqueeCrew  Thank you!  Got it working with that as the solution.  

Labels