Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CrossTab not showing values

Ahmad_S
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Sorry if the following has been answered already but I am unable to find any solution yet.

So I am currently facing trouble where my data-set is like this:

Column 1Column 2
hostabc
original_stringdef
remote_userghi
hostkjl
original_stringmno
remote_userpqr

When I am trying to use "Cross Tab" to get Column 1 values as new header while Column 2 values as values. I only get "1 result" where I am expecting 10000+.

hostoriginal_stringremote_user
123 - Nothing more

Why is this happening?

NOTE - Due to confidentiality of dataset, I can't upload it but I have tried to explain my issue as best as I can.

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ahmad_S ,

Attached is my solution. 

I'm not sure why you are not getting the right columns in your problem. If you want to solve it, share your workflow, please.

Hope this helps,

Fernando V.

Ahmad_S
7 - Meteor

Thanks for prompt reply, it is showing similar to me:

Ahmad_S_0-1573498450074.png

While I want something like:

1 ,2 ,3 -- multiple values under these three column based on the data-set.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ahmad_S ,

Ok, now I have understood your problem.

So, if you don't have any other column to group your data properly by lines, we can create it manually by counting how many times that string appears.

See if that works for you.

Thanks,

Fernando V.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Ahmad_S,

The issue you have is there is no "row number". The below solution should work for you.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Ahmad_S
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Jonathan-Sherman & @fmvizcaino for your help. But @Jonathan-Sherman solution worked and was easier to adopt for my user case. Appreciated!

Labels