Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tabbing Layout Bug

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Think I have found a bug with how layouts and cross tabs interact with each other. 

This was first don when I was playing around with the layouts in a much larger workflow, and it crashed the program. I loaded up the same workflow and did it again and again it crashed the program. So I have tried it in a smaller workflow with junk data;

first run it errors out, and after a few reruns I have received the same error

on some of the reruns the workflow didn't error, but I either got all fields empty, one field null and the other two empty etc (some screenshots below)

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_4.png

4 REPLIES 4
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Carlithian, what method of aggregation did you use for your cross tab? If I used 'first/last' rather than concatenate then I didn't get any weirdness with the cross-tab, but using concatenate I just got empty/null cells. Report/layout objects are limited in the aggregations which can apply to them (same as spatial objects)
crosstab.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I was curious to see this for myself, but I was unable to replicate the error you described. My workflow Cross-Tab'd the Layout fields as expected and without error. 

Could you share your workflow/data for further testing?

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi Ollie, I was using the concat which is my lazy go to. Great to know the limitations, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

This is the workflow I built to test the issue

Labels