Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab or Arrange to have all account activity in a single line ?

LuisKahn
7 - Meteor

Monthly account balances extracted from SAP have a layout stacked by year.

Each row contains one Account and the balances for each month in a single year, like this:

I have.PNG

Problem is that my colleagues would like to see all periods on the same row. They think that's an easier way to spot trends in account activity. 

I'd like to transform the table above into Something like this:

I want.PNG

Being new to Alteryx I have invested considerable time fiddling with Cross-Tab and Arrange but couldn't sort it out. Not able to find an answer searching this community either. Your ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

3 REPLIES 3
KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Here is an example of how you can accomplish that layout. You need to user the Transpose:Transform tool first so you can concatenate month and year. If you do not want to manually set the column order, you need to use names that sort chronologically. Then you can Crosstab on the new field.

Arrange Fields.png

LuisKahn
7 - Meteor

wow ! - super duper ! (So simple I feel really stupid about bothering the community with such a beginner question)

thanks a million @KOBoyle, you saved my weekend.

@KOBoyle wrote:

Here is an example of how you can accomplish that layout. You need to user the Transpose:Transform tool first so you can concatenate month and year. If you do not want to manually set the column order, you need to use names that sort chronologically. Then you can Crosstab on the new field.

Arrange Fields.png

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

No problem, that is what the community is for. You can often get a question answered in a few minutes that you might otherwise spin your wheels on for hours.

Labels