Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab help

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Greeting all

Apologies for the vagueness of this request

I run a weekly asset report that currently lists all assets allocated to staff members in each row (see below), and send those staff members an email to remind them to return unused assets.

Currently my report lists each asset on a seperate row (see below)

Staff nameSerial #Primary AssetAsset StatusType/ModelSIM #SIM Status
John SmithPF1P8YFNYesSpareLaptop123456789Deactivated
John SmithPC0NUMACNoSpareLaptop9876564321Not listed
John SmithPC0S50PGNoSpareLaptop1472583969Not listed

I have played around with the CrossTab tool as I want to have the additional laptops show in the one row for each staff member, so they appear as extra columns and not affecting the other 20+ columns or data in the report

Needs to show as (if possible)

Staff nameSerial # 1Primary Asset 1Asset Status 1Type/Model 1SIM # 1SIM Status 1Serial # 2Primary Asset 2Asset Status 2Type/Model 2SIM 2 #SIM Status 2Serial # 3Primary Asset 3Asset Status 3Type/Model 3SIM # 3SIM Status 3
John SmithPF1P8YFNYesSpareLaptop123456789DeactivatedPC0NUMACNoSpareLaptop9876564321Not listedPC0S50PGNoSpareLaptop1472583969Not listed

Is this possible in Alteryx 2019.3.5.17947 ?

14 REPLIES 14
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @StephenT , please refer to the screenshot and workflow.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1597814870040.png

Sapna Gupta
bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi  ,

You can achieve it using transpose, crosstab and record ID tool properly.

Solution - Abhra Mitra.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct and also hit the like button, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Apologies for not responding sooner, but took a week's leave .

I have tried the both of the above solutions on my data files, and found bhrmitra's works better for me, giving me the result I need

When running the workflow on my data file i get a warning "Warning: Dynamic Rename (7): The number of rows in the Source do not match the number of renames."

I also found that when i run the workflow for 2 people, with multiple laptops assigned (1 staff member with 9 laptops, 1 staff with 9 laptops) the workflow created the correct number of columns (9 assets x 7 columns for each asset) for the first staff member, then adds another 63 columns (9 assets x 7 columns) per the attached XLSX file.

Have I done something wrong, when configuring the workflow

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

sorry, I forgot to attach a 2nd file, with how I would like the results to look.

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi 

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Here is the data file

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi 

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Abhra

When I run your workflow it still adds extra columns for each user.

I've had a look at the crosstab and transpose tools and can't work out how to group. I also compared the first workflow you sent last week, against today's and they look the same.

Sorry, still a learner as far as Alteryx goes.

Cheers

Stephen

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @StephenT , I guess this is what you are looking for if this solves your purpose please mark this post as solution.

grazitti_sapna_0-1598511989858.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels