Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab help

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Greeting all

Apologies for the vagueness of this request

I run a weekly asset report that currently lists all assets allocated to staff members in each row (see below), and send those staff members an email to remind them to return unused assets.

Currently my report lists each asset on a seperate row (see below)

Staff nameSerial #Primary AssetAsset StatusType/ModelSIM #SIM Status
John SmithPF1P8YFNYesSpareLaptop123456789Deactivated
John SmithPC0NUMACNoSpareLaptop9876564321Not listed
John SmithPC0S50PGNoSpareLaptop1472583969Not listed

I have played around with the CrossTab tool as I want to have the additional laptops show in the one row for each staff member, so they appear as extra columns and not affecting the other 20+ columns or data in the report

Needs to show as (if possible)

Staff nameSerial # 1Primary Asset 1Asset Status 1Type/Model 1SIM # 1SIM Status 1Serial # 2Primary Asset 2Asset Status 2Type/Model 2SIM 2 #SIM Status 2Serial # 3Primary Asset 3Asset Status 3Type/Model 3SIM # 3SIM Status 3
John SmithPF1P8YFNYesSpareLaptop123456789DeactivatedPC0NUMACNoSpareLaptop9876564321Not listedPC0S50PGNoSpareLaptop1472583969Not listed

Is this possible in Alteryx 2019.3.5.17947 ?

14 REPLIES 14
bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi  

Please find the updated solution attached. Apologies, I did not understand your question initially. Hope this solution helps you.

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi  

Attached is even a easier solution based on my 1st solution with just a few changes. Hope this helps.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct and also hit the like button, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Abhra

I've combined your workflow in to my workflow, and with a bit of tweaking (of field names etc.,) it works like a treat.

The only thing i noticed is my workflow is generating 80,000+ warnings (which I am not worried about).

Thanks for your help.

I have "Liked" your workflow, and will accept it as my solution after I do a bit more testing.

Cheers

Stephen

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi Stephen,

Thanks. I am glad that the solution worked. You are getting the warnings because many columns have null values.

Thanks,

Abhra

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Abhra

I'll accept your workflow solution next week, as I now have to merge it with a 2nd workflow, and have to test it. 

Cheers

Stephen

Labels