Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab/Transpose

Sidey1978
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I am attempting to move a list of data from one column to multiple:

Capture.PNG

The country column is the data a need to list in individual columns. There is an additional column before connection type with client names (I didn't include as this is sensitive) but I need to group by name and then list all countries associated. I thought that Cross Tab would be the best way to achieve this but I haven't made it work yet...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jonathan

4 REPLIES 4
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you provide a before and after picture of the data?  Dummy data is fine.  I think you just want to configure the cross tab tool as such:  group on name, your column headers will be the country field, and your value field would be your connection type.

But without seeing a before and after I can't say for sure.

haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

Hey @Sidey1978

I probably think that you need something like this...

Take a look at my attached photo. I've used summarize tool to group by the name and concatenate the countries together in a single row.

Hope it helps. If any queries let me know.Concat.PNG

bharti_dalal
10 - Fireball

Hi @Sidey1978,

What I have understood from your Query is that you want to Group by "Name", Create new column headers by Country and you want your connection type values in their respective countries.

if this is what you want, see the screen shot and attached workflow for your reference. 

image.png

Sidey1978
8 - Asteroid

Thanks one and all for your help with this!

Labels