Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab Tool - Losing Original Formatting in Column Header

joe_de_foleschampe
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am working with a large time-series, when I am ready to flip my results after some calculations, from vertical to horizontal so time runs left to right, when I use the Cross Tab Tool, I lose original formatting in the Column Header.

So, when working prior to using the Cross Tab Tool, my time-series is running vertically so time runs top to bottom with a YYYY.Q format that I need for later in the output process to Excel and then charting with this format.

Capture3.PNG

When I use the Cross Tab Tool and flip obtain the following in the Results...I lose the YYYY.Q formatting:

Capture.PNG

...and also, obviously, in the Excel output though an Output Tool:

Capture2.PNG

Not sure why this happens and I have played with the Type of YYYY.Q column in a Select Tool no avail. Am I missing something in a configuration setting?

Thanks for any insight/help!

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @joe_de_foleschampe 

All non-word characters are transformed into underscores (_) when using Cross-Tab Tool.

This is a normal behavior.

A workaround would be using the Dynamic Rename Tool.

In your case, it should be very simple. Use Formula method.

ReplaceChar([_CurrentField_], "_", ".")

Cheers,

joe_de_foleschampe
7 - Meteor
Excellent! Thank you again for your guidance!
Labels