Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Crew macro runner capturing incorrect log

DM7
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am running a workflow using the crew macro runner followed by log parser to validate the workflow logs.

However , I have noticed that the crew runner is capturing incorrect log.

Below are the 2 scenarios of log capturing

Scene 1 : Log captured on execution of the workflow directly.

Started running C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Checks.yxmd at Thu Dec 3 18:29:21 2020
00:00:0.058 - ToolId 2: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Dept$`)
00:00:0.074 - ToolId 4: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Emp$`)
00:00:0.163 - ToolId 7: 3 records were joined with 1 un-joined left records and 1 un-joined right records
Finished in 00:00:0.183

Scene 2 : Log captured on execution of the same workflow but via crew runner.

Started running C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Checks.yxmd at Thu Dec 3 18:22:00 2020
00:00:0.053 - ToolId 2: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Dept$`)
00:00:0.062 - ToolId 4: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Emp$`)
00:00:0.168 - ToolId 7: 0 records were joined with 0 un-joined left records and 0 un-joined right records (ended by a downstream tool)
Finished in 00:00:0.170

As you notice text highlighted in red show different result of the same tool.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
DM7

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am interested in the "Ended by a downstream tool" message. Just out of curiosity, can you add a browse at the end of your workflow and try your test again? 

DM7
7 - Meteor

Hi BrandonB,

Thank you for your inputs.

I have tried doing that as well , but afraid it didnt work as well.

Thanks 

DM7

ChrisK
Alteryx
Alteryx

"Ended by a downstream tool" means that there was nothing downstream that could show results, like an output or a test. In Designer there is always a Browse Everywhere attached to each tool, so you can see what's going on as you develop a workflow. In Gallery you can't see the Browse data, so the engine does not produce it any longer. Adding a Browse won't fix the problem because they are removed. You can see this behavior in Designer if you configure the Workflow -> Runtime -> "Disable All Browse Tools".

Labels