Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Crew Macro uninstalling everytime I reopen Alteryx

BXH03NI
6 - Meteoroid

I installed the latest version of the Crew Macros, however, I have to keep installing the macros every time I reopen Alteryx.

I went to options, user settings, and added the macro path but I am still having problems. Does anyone know how to prevent the macro from uninstalling?

Thanks,

Brieanne

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@BXH03NI ,

When you install the CReW macros, you place two files into:

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros

They are:  CReW.ini and CReWTest.ini

Inside of these ini (text) files you'll find the location of where you have unzipped the macros along with more data:

[Settings]
DefaultFolder=CReW Macros
MinimumAlteryxVersion=10.0
Path=D:\CReW Macros\Macros

If for some reason, the c:\programdata files are not persistent or if the location of the CReW macro unzip is not persistent, then I would understand why the macros disappear.  Perhaps you've got a conflict where you've manually added a macro location in front of these macros.  Uninstall the macros and that might help you.  I'm sorry that they have created an issue for you.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Note:  If when you open the zip file, you don't actually save the data to a permanent subdirectory, the ini file will point to a temporary file.  You need to unzip to your hard disk before installing.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
BXH03NI
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! Unzipping the files worked.

Regards,

Brieanne

srikant96
9 - Comet

I just installed from the DOWNLOAD ( directory ) and it points  the Path to some temp directory which vanishes after a reboot of my laptop . Hard lesson learned . thanks for the expert help here from mR Crew ( a.k.a Mark) . regards 

Labels