Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Crew Delta Macro to compare two excel files dynamically

Vaib
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I need to compare two excel files dynamically. Can someone please help me with the Crew Delta Macro or any other macro that would help me compare the 2 excel files that I input.

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Vaib 

I use the Expected Equal (CreW macro) to do it. Download it here http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

If the two datasets have the same columns and the same data for each row, it will run without errors

If one of the two datasets has different columns than the other, it will send you an error

If one of the two datasets has different rows than the other, it will send you an error

ExpectedEqual.gif

Vaib
8 - Asteroid

I need it to call out which column of data is not matching in the output. So, it needs to compare data in each of the rows/columns and provide kind of a true/false output at a column level. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

If you dont find a easier path, you can adapt this macro to do this

5 - Atom

Vaib -  Did you ever figure this out? 

Thanks! 

-NJL

Labels