Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creation of mysterious file when using macro, slowing down output process

jt98
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I created a macro that will create a new output (grouped by file name) for every source file input that I have. My workflow is taking sooooooooo long (currently its still runninng) to create 1 single output and I realise that's because every record written there's a new file created (see 1st ss) and in my file explorer, the particular file ZAS-XXX file is refreshed and updated every time the the record is written in alteryx (see 2nd ss). Yet when I try to generate output normally in the same workflow without the macro, it only takes 2 seconds to complete ( its proper)?! 

I'm trying to make my workflow as automated as possible hence i used the macro to generate the outputs without having to insert an output tool for everytime i have to generate an output and I know this iterative macro is the way to do this but why is it taking so long? The frustration is getting real

jt98_0-1621850912866.png

jt98_1-1621851071164.png

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jt98 ,

We need some more information here. Can you post your workflow with some mocked data so we can see what you're doing and what you're trying to do?

M.

Bulien

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jt98 
Without looking at your flow, there is really not much we can be sure.
But an iterative macro should have two outputs, one is for the iterative and another is the final one.
Maybe you mistakenly configured them, try to change the option in the macro for "interative output"?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@jt98 ,

I think this might be a simple case of not including the file extension in the filename you're creating, but without seeing your workflow we can't be sure.

M.

Bulien

stefano_m
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to resolve this? 

Labels