Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating pivot table with filters like Excel

Alphaprime
5 - Atom

Hi there

I haven trying to create pivot in alteryx. Can anyone guide me to do so? I have attached the excel sheet with pivots. I want to replicate the same.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Alphaprime  Can you share any of the attempts you have made so far?

Alphaprime
5 - Atom

hi @  I tried some but was not successful. See attached. Thanks for your support!

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the sample workflow for your case. Hope this is helpful. 

WorkflowWorkflowResult1Result1Result2Result2

Alphaprime
5 - Atom

Hi  @

Thank you very much It indeed helps me a lot. Can you show me how to format the pivot output ? I need the similar table format for the out for clear and better understanding for my customers.

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

I used basic table tool format the output. Hope this is helpful. 

WorkflowWorkflowResults1.PNG

Alphaprime
5 - Atom

Hi @

pdxsvrider
7 - Meteor

For my use case, it is necessary to email Excel files with pivot tables.  This is what we typically do:

1. Write Alteryx output to an Excel file in a shared file location.  Use the “Overwrite Sheet (Drop)” option.
  2. Open the newly created Excel file and add a pivot on the Alteryx data to a new tab – use the entire columns as the Data Source as opposed to a named range
  3. Set up and filter the pivot table
  4. Click on the pivot table -> Options -> Data subtab -> check the “Refresh data when opening the file” button
  5. Save and close the file.
  6. Once the Alteryx workflow is saved to the Alteryx server and running on a schedule, the workflow will update the raw data tab of the pivot, which will update the pivot table when the file is opened.

The attached screenshot is for step 4:

AlteryxUser001
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, with regards to the solution - Does alteryx allow for the end product (in this case the end table) to be used in other workflows. 

Lets say you then wanted to use the value of the total of "david" in another workflow

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Sure. You could just save it out to a shared location and then use that in the next workflow.

Labels