Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating an App and Key word search and giving the content where this word is located.

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I working on problem to create an app. The app does the following

1) Takes the key word input from the user.

2) Search through the documents (pdf, text)

3) return the percentage / frequency of the user provided key word

4) provide the location/line/paragraph where this key word is located.

Please let me know how to go about this.

Thanks 

Sriniv

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @sriniprad08 

I think the first 3 are quite simple but the 4th one you might need to get creative.

1. Taking the key word input from the user you need to create it as an app

2. In order to search through the documents (pdf, text) you just need to ensure you bring those texts into alteryx. You could use Python to do this as well but also the new intelligence suite text mining tools could help you

3. This is quite simple using the countwords() formula

4. If you bring in the text to Alteryx then you can use the record id to keep track of lines and paragraphs then when you find something you have a reference. If you use python however you'll have to find a way to do this

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @joshuaburkhow ,

thank you so much. Is there any sample workflow to execute this please?

Cheers,

Sriniv

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I don't have anything specifically built myself for this but here is a great article for searching key words

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Search-for-Keywords-in-a-Text-Strin...

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Thank you @joshuaburkhow  very helpful. Will go through it.

Labels