Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating an Additional Row Header

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi and good day.

I would like to ask if it is possible to create another header to look like this. Output will be an excel file. Attaching the sample file.

KamenRider_0-1660493093703.png

I'm looking forward for you assistance in helping me for the solution.

Thanks,

Kamen

6 REPLIES 6
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @KamenRider 

Using Reporting tools we can create merged rows and merged columns. Can you provide a sample input dataset? 

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Amol_Telore 

Thanks for responding. I have attached a sample input file. Can you please show me how to do it?

Appreciate your response.

Kamen

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @KamenRider,

There is an Awesome blog on the steps to do this here on the community: How to Create Merged Cells in Reports, Part 2 - Alteryx Community

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @IraWatt 

Thanks. This is a very nice tutorial however my header is a date which changes quarterly. I feel the tutorial does not fit the solution I am looking for. If you have any idea, I would appreciate it very much.

Please advise.

Kamen

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@KamenRider what I linked explains how you will create the merged headers. To create the changing date headers is quite straight forward using the date time tools/formulas. Without knowing how your data comes in its hard to suggest just one solution.

There is a good Blog here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/DateTime-Functions-Cheat-Sheet/ba-p/844353 which should help you to create dynamic date headers.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @IraWatt 

I am not quite good yet with Alteryx. Is it possible to show how I to do it so I can start with it? Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Kamen

Labels