Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating an Additional Row Header

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi and good day.

I would like to ask if it is possible to create another header to look like this. Output will be an excel file. Attaching the sample file.

KamenRider_0-1660493093703.png

I'm looking forward for you assistance in helping me for the solution.

Thanks,

Kamen

6 REPLIES 6
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @KamenRider 

Using Reporting tools we can create merged rows and merged columns. Can you provide a sample input dataset? 

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Amol_Telore 

Thanks for responding. I have attached a sample input file. Can you please show me how to do it?

Appreciate your response.

Kamen

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @KamenRider,

There is an Awesome blog on the steps to do this here on the community: How to Create Merged Cells in Reports, Part 2 - Alteryx Community

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @IraWatt 

Thanks. This is a very nice tutorial however my header is a date which changes quarterly. I feel the tutorial does not fit the solution I am looking for. If you have any idea, I would appreciate it very much.

Please advise.

Kamen

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@KamenRider what I linked explains how you will create the merged headers. To create the changing date headers is quite straight forward using the date time tools/formulas. Without knowing how your data comes in its hard to suggest just one solution.

There is a good Blog here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/DateTime-Functions-Cheat-Sheet/ba-p/844353 which should help you to create dynamic date headers.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @IraWatt 

I am not quite good yet with Alteryx. Is it possible to show how I to do it so I can start with it? Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Kamen

Labels