Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a table out of list box input

alexschmitt
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to develop an app, and I am struggling to get list box input working the way I would like. 

My desired result is to have the app interface show you a list of US states with checkboxes, and ask whether or not you are currently filing a tax return in that state.

I would like to capture the list box input as a data table with two columns, State and Filing_Status.  If checked, Filing_Status would be True, else it would be False.  This data table would be subsequently joined with other data and ran through formula logic. 

Can someone please provide me a basic example of using list boxes to create a data table that shows names and values?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Here is how I would approach the problem.

I would use the list box in 'Generate Custom List' mode, creating me a comma separated list.

I would then overwrite a placeholder value in a single cell text input. I can then parse the output to rows. This will give me a list of states only selected. I can then join this list against a full list of states. Those in the J stream will be those I have filed a tax return, and we can generate a flag field as such, those in the right side would be those we have not, and again, I can generate a flag as such.

2018-08-16_16-38-08.png

Example app attached.

Ben

alexschmitt
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Ben!  I will have to tinker with how to implement it into my current app, but this helps tremendously.  

Labels