Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a table out of list box input

alexschmitt
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to develop an app, and I am struggling to get list box input working the way I would like. 

My desired result is to have the app interface show you a list of US states with checkboxes, and ask whether or not you are currently filing a tax return in that state.

I would like to capture the list box input as a data table with two columns, State and Filing_Status.  If checked, Filing_Status would be True, else it would be False.  This data table would be subsequently joined with other data and ran through formula logic. 

Can someone please provide me a basic example of using list boxes to create a data table that shows names and values?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Here is how I would approach the problem.

I would use the list box in 'Generate Custom List' mode, creating me a comma separated list.

I would then overwrite a placeholder value in a single cell text input. I can then parse the output to rows. This will give me a list of states only selected. I can then join this list against a full list of states. Those in the J stream will be those I have filed a tax return, and we can generate a flag field as such, those in the right side would be those we have not, and again, I can generate a flag as such.

2018-08-16_16-38-08.png

Example app attached.

Ben

alexschmitt
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Ben!  I will have to tinker with how to implement it into my current app, but this helps tremendously.  

Labels