Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a forecast by fitting a curve to historic data

Matthew
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone, i would love to learn how to use the predictive analytics tools in alteryx (perhaps a neural network?) but so far i havent figured out how to apply those tools to my data.

So instead, i am trying to manually fit a curve to my historic data, and use it as a model for future projections.

So far my historic data appears to fit a geometric pattern ( A * B^(n-1) )

NothingButThyme_0-1636986715381.png

Now what i need to do, is figure out how to fit that curve (green line) systematically onto the blue line.. does anyone know how i can get alteyx to find the best values for A and B to best fit the blue line?.. Once i have that i believe i can then cross multiply those values to fit it onto the orange line.. That would become my "forecast"

Right now i've manually set A = 1.3, and B = 1.02.. but i want alteryx to tell me those values, rather than manually plugging them into the formula

attached is a sample set of data, and a section of the workflow

2 REPLIES 2
Matthew
11 - Bolide

This isn't the solution I want, but I've built a rudimentary "forecast" by just multiplying the historic data by the ratio of actual data divided by historic data..

NothingButThyme_0-1636998679961.png

Matthew
11 - Bolide

in case anyone else has this problem in the future, I've built a geometric regression macro that uses a Python script to find the best fit

NothingButThyme_0-1637353945541.png

NothingButThyme_1-1637353960481.png

Labels