Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a field

akaur
8 - Asteroid

Please see attached file for visual demonstration.

I have two files:

1. has keycodes for my campaign with customers who received the campaign

2. has purchases that were between certain time period (these include people who may or many not be in the campaign file)

I joined these two. I got the joins and it's all good.  BUT now I want to do some predictive analytics on this.  To do that I need to have binary field 'yes' or 'no' to determine if someone made a purchase or not and that is based on 'this customer was sent an email and he/she made a purchase so say 'yes' or vice-versa'.

I thought that I could create a field in the workflow that says 'yes' or 'no' rather than taking the files into excel and then doing the manual additional of a colum etc. etc. for all these files. 

Is it possible to do what I am asking for or do I need to take the files into excel and then add the response?

Is this clear or should I give more information?

Thank you

Aman

12 REPLIES 12
Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

If you use the formula tool choosing to create a new field, you'll write a new column.

if you use the formula tool selecting an existing field, you'll overwrite the result of your formula over the selected field.

The Generate rows is used to create X rows with a logic/loop. For example [Start date]=01/01/2016 - [End date]=31-12-2016

You can create X rows on the logic [Start date]+1day as long as the date is <= [End date] and you get a calendar with 365 days7records, from 1st Jan to 31th dec 2016.

In your case a simple IF statement in a formula tool is enough, if you have a field in your table that can be tested.

akaur
8 - Asteroid

What just happened to the predictive tools in 10.6?  I just created my workflow and used the regression analysis.  Then somehting happened and it shut down and then when I reopened, the predictive tool was gone in 10.6.  It's not in the Add/Remove tool palette either. 

akaur
8 - Asteroid

Thank you all.  It all worked out. 

Labels