Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a custom ToolGroup

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I have a set of connectors that belong to the same category but are specific to a client. I want to create a new ToolGroup/Category to show them all together. I am not looking to create a new Macros category, that I already know. I want one with my own Icon.

It would be an added bonus if you could show me how to automatically create this when I import one workflow or install a yxi package on a different system

Thanks for the support. Have a great day

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @fardeen9983 

How are your connectors built? Using HTML SDK or just standard macros? 

If it's macros - just update this value:

joshuaburkhow_0-1611842555757.png

If it's HTML SDK then update this value (in your config file):

joshuaburkhow_1-1611842628234.png

This will put your macros in whatever category you name. Now in order to get the same look at feel you need to do that with icons on each connector.

Does this answer your question? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

Hi @joshuaburkhow 

I am creating connectors using HTML SDK. The solution that you have mentioned is actually what I have been using. Placing all my custom tools with relevant icons in the connector category.

What I actually want is to create my own category like Connectors like lets say Jenkins and put all the relevant connectors in that place. Also I want a way for such a category to be automatically created on the user's system when they install the yxi package

Labels