Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a Hex to Dec formula

vtika16
7 - Meteor

Hey guys,

Attached is a file that I use for a formula in excel to convert hexs to decs (Cell C3) and vice versa (Cell C6). Is there a formula that can do what this function is doing in excel? I don't think Alteryx has a Hex2Dec formula or a concatenate formula.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@vtika16 I think the formulas would look something like this. Alteryx just uses a + instead of Concatenate. Alteryx has hextonumber and inttohex functions that you can use. I'm attaching a simple workflow that implements both calculations.

Hex to Dec:

Right("00000000"+tostring(HexToNumber(Left([Hex],8))),10) +Right("000000000000"+tostring(HexToNumber(Right([Hex],6))),8)

Dec to Hex:

Right("000000"+inttohex(tonumber(Left([Dec],10))),8)+Right("000000"+inttohex(tonumber(Right([Dec],8))),6)
vtika16
7 - Meteor

Patrick,

Thank you. I just found the hex2number function. I didn't know it would be that easy for a transition from the excel formula to Alteryx. Much appreciated. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@vtika16 Glad I could help! I've never dealt with Hex and Dec conversions before, so this was a welcome challenge. So thank you! You did all the hard work with your formulas in excel, and I did the easy part of converting it to Alteryx lingo. 

Labels