Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a Dynamic User Interface with drop down box?

CCrawford94
7 - Meteor

Hello All, 

I am trying to create a dynamic interface that supports up to five options. What i want to do is give the user an option to pick a number 1-5 and then based on the number they provide I want to provide that amount of text boxes in which they can enter information in to be used in the workflow.

For example The user selects 3 in the drop down list. I then display 3 text boxes named ID1, ID2, ID3. They can then enter the IDs in which they want the workflow to run for. 

Does anyone know if this is possible and what i can do to achieve this?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@CCrawford94,

Using Alteryx, this is a trick.  I can see doing it in a way via smoke & mirrors.  If that is okay with you, then I'll explain.

Dynamic User Interface.gif

Maybe this is an acceptable way to achieve your desired results?  You'll have lots of configuration behind the scenes to make this work for you.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
CCrawford94
7 - Meteor

This would work perfectly! Unfortunately it is not allowing me to open the workflow. IT gives an error that the workflow was created in a later version of Alteryx.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

using notepad, you can change the line of:

<AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="2018.1">

to 

<AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="8.1">

You'll be able to read it after you save it.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels