Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Time Series Sales Forecasting for multiple companies.

salkhafaji
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a database that has sales data for several different companies.  I would like to run a forecasting analysis for all of them.  I created a workflow using ETS and TS Forecast tool.  I am able to only run one company at a time.  I would like to scale it to show me the forecast for multiple companies.    

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

build your ETS tool/forecast in a macro(batch for example) and feed in data that way. ETS/TS Forecast revolves around exactly 1 dependent variable. multiple companies means multiple dependent variables.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @salkhafaji - As it was told, you'd need a batch macro. Here is where you can learn about Alteryx Macros: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @salkhafaji ,

there are two tools you could try, if you don't want to use a batch macro:

TS Model Factory

TS Forecast Factory 

You can download the tools from the Alteryx Gallery., they allow to create time series forecasts for multiple companies (or products) , but the configuration options are a bit limited compared to the  ETS/ARIMA tools.

Best,

Roland

salkhafaji
6 - Meteoroid

I tried using those tools but it errors me out.   I have it grouped by company id, target variable for sales, and time period annually.  When I change the group by to years it runs with out err, but I dont get the desired forecast per company as desired.  Any idea as to how to get the desired effect using that tool?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you post some data? Are you running it in a batch macro or the model factory?

Labels