Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Seperate Tabs in output

anitamarie2020
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team, 

Just wondering if anyone could assist me with a query I have.

I have a file where I want to extract information into separate tabs. However I want the names of the tabs to come from different columns/rows. For example I want to tab called 'Futures' and One tab called mutual funds. 

Does anyone know how this can be done?

anitamarie2020_0-1619622831329.png

2 REPLIES 2
DQAUDIT
9 - Comet
@anitamarie2020 - I would suggest using a formula tool to create an additional column that represents the desired tab name. Using a conditional statement you should be able to create the desired groupings. Then you can then use that field within the Take File/Table Name From Field configuration section within the Output tool. Good luck!
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @anitamarie2020 ,

As @DQAUDIT pointed out you need to create a filename which includes the sheet name. In the attached example, you need to re-point your folder and file paths, create the full path including folder, filename, extension etc. this is then used to determine the sheet name.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Labels