Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating Rows Based on Dynamically Parsed Field

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I have a template we use to determine how to filter HR data.  The business wants to be able to dynamically exclude certain companies based on a value called MRC. 

Please find attached the template we are using.  Column J is the one I would like to parse out and then based on how many new fields get created, a new row would be created that includes all of the other data on the same row but would include one of the MRC values. So if there are 3 values in column J 3 new rows would be created with all of the other info.  if there are 2 - two new rows.. etc. 

I assume this is possible with some type of dynamic formula tool or another method? 

1 REPLY 1
SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I suggest trying text to columns in combination with the transpose tool to change the parsed columns to rows and then joining it back to your data set on job function. 

Labels