This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I have tried to create a macro that searches strings for specific value. I know that this function works when not set up as a macro but I would like to be able to set this up for repetitive use. I have a start to it but don't know why I can't get it to finish and pull out the text in the end. This is the first macro I have ever tried to create and would really like some assistance on what I need to do in order to make it work. I will attach what I have so far.
The Reason Find & Replace doesn't work is because I am looking for which field a string exists as well as a row to match. The Find & Replace tool (to my knowledge) does no offer that much functionality.
I was able to figure out the issue. I didn't realize that you could change settings to be able to view messages from macros which helped me narrow down where the issue was occurring. The goal of this macro is to be able to tell someone who is unfamiliar with a database if a string exists and which field and row that string exists. DISCLAIMER: This will add computing time which is extremely noticeable for larger databases that are over 1 GB. This is for investigative purposes to help someone who is not familiar with a database.