Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Email Draft (*.eml) from Alteryx HTML Rendering tools

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello!

I am hoping you will be able to provide me with a little bit of help. I am currently following the methods set out by @kelvin_tsang , in this article (fantastic article, btw!) 
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Creating-an-Outlook-Thunderbird-Draft-... 

Effectively whgat is being done here, is producing .EML files, line by line, within Alteryx. Within there, includes the HTML for the email itself.

I needed this method to create, and drop out .EML (Email/Outlook draft email) files from Alteryx, to circumvent my issues with not yet being able to use the email tool within Alteryx.

This works perfectly fine, for really basic text, and i've managed to create basic emails with my complex attachments quite nicely. However, i am wanting my emails to contain the formatting and CSS of a HTML output that is created within Alteryx - such as the Layout example:

TheOC_0-1629645081215.png

I thought this may be as simple as taking all the HTML from this generated output, and inserting that within my .eml file's HTML body, however, when i do this (with the workflow attached), my email looks like:

TheOC_1-1629645130631.png

I cant quite work out exactly what is going wrong - if not all of it. I suspect this is an issue with the libraries being used as part of the HTML output generated by Alteryx, but any help on this one would be massively appreciated. 
I've attached a workflow i am using for this, just a very simple application of the HTML output from the layout example, and the .EML file generator from the article above, with attachments removed, and HTML body replaced.

Any help would be massively appreciated!
Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
1 REPLY 1
Manik
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Owen,

i m facing the same issue, where email draft is not showing the tables but ' (quotes) are coming for each line break and tables in the output file is not showing borders its white

Labels