Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating Efficient Workflows

mjcunningham
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

I have really enjoyed learning about Alteryx because of its practical application. I am slowly catching on, but I'm not sure if I'm doing things in the most efficient way.

As an assignment for one of my classes, I had to take an excel file with 12 tabs that were in the same format, clean them, and then output another excel file with the same 12 tabs. I was able to get my desired result with the various flows shown below (one flow per excel tab), but I was wondering if anyone knew of a more efficient way to complete this task.

Alteryx Berkshire Hathaway Work Flow.JPG

I appreciate your help in advance,

Michael

1 REPLY 1
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @mjcunningham ,

if all sheets really have the same format (especially same columns), you can simplify the workflow easily.
Use the Input Data tool to create a list of sheets, load the sheets using the Dynamic Input tool and you'll
have only one Output tool simplifying the process. I've attached a sample workflow to illustrate, hoe, this
is helpful.

Best,

Roland

Labels