Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating Dynamic excel output tabs

aishwarya_baburaj98
6 - Meteoroid

If below is one of my input column for this month, I want to dynamically create an excel output- with tabs with named A, B and C&D.

A
B
D

But, in next the month, my input column, is only below. So, I only want tabs for A,B&C.

A
B

How do I dynamically create tabs each month? Tabs can increase or decrease depending on my input that varies every month. 

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @aishwarya_baburaj98 

Assuming you are creating new file each time and not overwriting. Here is how you can do it. You can configure output tool to change sheet name based on column.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1631884968110.png

Hope this helps : )

binay2448
11 - Bolide

If I understand correctly, below is my solution

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @binay2448 

You might want to check your output once when you configure it to overwrite file it overwrites the whole file between each sheet write this way at the end you will have only the last sheet (D).

Hope this helps : )

binay2448
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

You are correct, I missed that

find attached updated one

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Not sure how it happened. Seems like i have attached a wrong screenshot 😅

aishwarya_baburaj98
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry for the late reply. And, Thank you for all responses.

If I understand correctly, this solution only works in a scenario where you are creating new excel sheet. This would not work if I want to overwrite over the existing sheet and delete the unnecessary tab. 

The current solution is perfect for meeting my current needs. But, I just want to understand to what extend I can tweak this workflow for any other scenario. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @aishwarya_baburaj98 

There is no way to make it work if the file needs to be overwitten. The only way we can getting working is if we create new files.

Labels