Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating Duplicate Rows / copy rows to below

AjaySetty
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to copy a specific row data out of a database exactly same to a new row below, but not able to find out exact solution / tool.

It is something very small but I just cant figure out, help please.

Database      
abcdefg
cdefgab
abcdfga

Result      
abcdefg
cdefgab
abcdfga
cdefgab

Criteria to copy paste entire row is 'd' in column 2  
9 REPLIES 9
Shalz
8 - Asteroid

You can assign a record number and apply sort and tile

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AjaySetty 

Since you are saying "a specific row of data", so we can use Select Record Tool for this situation.

Capture2A.PNGCapture2B.PNG

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Note - if you want row 2 to follow each row - you would turn @Qiu's solution into a macro with a static input of row 2 and run it for all rows which are not row 2.

AjaySetty
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Qiu but will this work in a large database where the my condition 'd' is not just in row 2 and maybe in several other rows and i want to copy them as well?

AjaySetty
8 - Asteroid

can you help with me with that, how to?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

can you explain the conditional logic for which row d is copied below which row?

Is each row d placed between each non-row d column or is it the previous row d column?

If it's every row d becomes an entry below each non-row d, then you can filter out the d rows and then use a macro to union them in with each non-d entry. If it's a specific row d column goes with a specific row - you'll have to explain the logic structure and it's probably a mutli-row formula and additional tools.

AjaySetty
8 - Asteroid

Condition is to duplicate entire row where ever d is present in column 2

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AjaySetty ,

Would this work for you?:

Untitled.png

Regards

AjaySetty
8 - Asteroid

Oh Yes, I did try the same thing a while ago and it worked.

But there should be some other way too for this, because we can use formula bar for columns but there is nothing for rows.

Labels