Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating Additional Row Formula

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

Good Morning Alteryx Community, 

I have a very easy problem today but I just seem to not be able to wrap my head around it to get my solution.  I have the following data following my calculations.  

GroupTotalTotal count age groupTotal count per group% in group% in Total
8+_IN100574578.95%45%
8+_OUT100571221.05%12%
8-_IN100434195.35%41%
8-_OUT1004324.65%2%

I am looking to take the total number IN (45 & 41) out of the total (100) and then the total number OUT (12 & 2) out of the total. 

So basically, I am looking to create 2 new cells that use the formulas/cells above to show me the total percentage in and the total percentage out.  If you could include a workspace, I would greatly appreciate it. 

I am sure that this is a simple fix but I for some reason cant figure it out and would greatly appreciate a workspace to show me where my error lies.

Thank you so much in advance,

Nick 

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Faronnj,

I'm not sure if I understood right what you want but I've created an example with what I think it is.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

Spot on! Embarrassing how easy that was but I couldnt think of it! Must be one of those mornings! As always, thanks Fernando 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Faronnj ,

that table seems familiar lol.

Are you looking for this?:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Everybody has bad mornings @Faronnj!

No problem, grab a coffee and keep on!

Labels