Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Created two columns that use each other values on calculation

mihaicom20
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I got stacked on a calculation  point on Alteryx

Excel is great at auto updating columns so that I can calculate these two columns simultaneously, but I am having a hard time figuring it out in Alteryx. I search on community, but nothing solved my problem. 

I need to calculate using Alteryx  Col "Present Value2" and  Col "Interest2" . I figure out how to calculate the first values, but after that I got stacked.

You can find attached the excel file the the workflow that I have created.

mihaicom20_0-1651069407270.png

mihaicom20_1-1651069471320.png

Any help appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

building amortization tables takes a bit of getting used to - and requires multi-row formula (multiple times)

mihaicom20
8 - Asteroid

Is there any chance to upload the workflow on a dif version. My current version is 2020.4.5.12471.

Thank you!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

try this... the keys are:

1) make sure you have a 0 (beginning balance row)

2) use a multi-row formula to create a new column for outstanding principal - for row 0 that's beginning balance

once you have that - you need to use    lease-payment-[Row-1:outstanding principal]*[interest rate]/12 (monthly payment - calculation of amount owed in interest on the previous month's balance) - and subtract that amount from the previous months balance.

That gives you your balance schedule. I use a second multi-row to compute the principal paid and a vanilla formula tool to break out interest from the lease payment.

mihaicom20
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for your help!

After I replied I saw that the Pack was extracted on downloads. I can open  and use it 

Labels