Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create varying number of rows using multirow

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to conditionally create a row of data, only populating some of the fields on output?  My input file has an 'orgid' field which is the key field -  the output file needs to have 3 rows for each unique orgid.  example - 

orgid 123 has 3 rows on input, no changes needed and all 3 rows are written out with no changes. 

orgid 456 has only 1 row, 2 new rows need to be generated, carrying the orgid only, as i don't want the data duplicated from one row to the next.  The recordID can be retained for output on records 2 and 3 

orgid 789 has only 2 rows, 1 new row needs to be created.  

orgid 999 has 3 rows - all 3 records written out as with no changes.  

i've tried to work with 'generate rows' and 'multi-row formula' tools with no success.  

attached are sample input and output files.  

thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nwhite 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output: (As expected output)

atcodedog05_0-1606329841382.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1606330098713.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Hi @nwhite 

Please check out the below. Hope it helps. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1606330633682.png

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

WOW!  thank you so much for the speedy reply, took me longer to type up the message than for you to create a solution - that's fantastic! 

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much!  another great solution! This community is so helpful, very much appreciate your assistance!

Labels