Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create varying number of rows using multirow

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to conditionally create a row of data, only populating some of the fields on output?  My input file has an 'orgid' field which is the key field -  the output file needs to have 3 rows for each unique orgid.  example - 

orgid 123 has 3 rows on input, no changes needed and all 3 rows are written out with no changes. 

orgid 456 has only 1 row, 2 new rows need to be generated, carrying the orgid only, as i don't want the data duplicated from one row to the next.  The recordID can be retained for output on records 2 and 3 

orgid 789 has only 2 rows, 1 new row needs to be created.  

orgid 999 has 3 rows - all 3 records written out as with no changes.  

i've tried to work with 'generate rows' and 'multi-row formula' tools with no success.  

attached are sample input and output files.  

thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nwhite 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output: (As expected output)

atcodedog05_0-1606329841382.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1606330098713.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Hi @nwhite 

Please check out the below. Hope it helps. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1606330633682.png

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

WOW!  thank you so much for the speedy reply, took me longer to type up the message than for you to create a solution - that's fantastic! 

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much!  another great solution! This community is so helpful, very much appreciate your assistance!

Labels