Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create summary table that is collapsed in Excel

crtakacs
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm trying to create an Excel file that has collapsed rows.I have a data source with a list of companies and associated GL BU numbers, and individual lines with invoice amounts. 

Below is a screenshot of the rows collapsed and another screenshot of it expanded. When the rows are collapsed you see one line for the Company name and a sum of the invoices. When the rows are expanded, you see each individual invoice line along with the company name and associated GL BU number, along with a summary line for each. 

To add a little more complication, a company can have more than one GL BU number, in which case two different summaries would be needed for that company, as shown for Company 5. 

Additionally, BU numbers can be associated with more than one company, as shown for Company 4 and Company 5.  

Collapsed.jpg

Expanded.jpg

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Collapse-able rows are not a feature supported by the Reporting tools to my knowledge. You can output the data, and include formatting like headers, text/fill colors, named sheets, and so on, but not collapse-able rows.

Labels