Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create random email pairings and prevent duplication of either email

Rachael_OS
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks,

I have 2 lists of 170 emails, and I want to randomly pair each of the rows with one of the other rows. I've seen this question and the original poster's workaround: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-create-random-pairing-of-emails... 

but not the proposed solution in the answer, as editing the package in notepad didn't work for me. 

My workaround at the moment is below, but ideally I want to re-jig these pairings every few weeks. What's the cleanest way to do this while ensuring I don't repeat any matches, only have one match for each email on both sides, and don't drop any of my emails from the list?

All suggestions greatly appreciated!! 

Rachael_OSullivan_0-1605126667376.png

2 REPLIES 2
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi Rachel, I've saved the workflow from the previous post as version 2019.3, so it should hopefully work for you now...

Rachael_OS
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Mark!

Labels