Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create multiple excel sheets with two worksheets using one excel template

dsevilimedu
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

I have a master excel file with different department names - department 1, department 2, department 3, department 4, department 5 ............................. department 35 

I have one excel template with 2 worksheets - worksheet A, worksheet B. Worksheet A is basically a list of people starting from cell B24, and  Worksheet B has details (data dump).

The output I am looking for from Alteryx is to use this template to create 35 files with each department's data. For example Department A will have a list of employee's names in Worksheet A, starting from cell B24 and Worksheet B with the whole list of Department A. 

Can it be done? 

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
dsevilimedu
7 - Meteor

@csmith11 When I said Yes, It didn't download.

I am using 2019.3. I will be moving to 2019.4 soon.

dsevilimedu
7 - Meteor

Perhaps, a worflow that can cooy and paste templates a certain number of times and rename to department names? 

Right now, I manually copy pasted my template 30 plus times, and used exce macro to rename them all. Then, I ran my workflow. It seems to work. But definitely a worflow that would copy, paste template would be awesome. 

csmith11
11 - Bolide

That's what this workflow does. It copies the template file to the output location. (4 times) Then writes dynamically to each copy.

Here I downgraded the workflow to 2019.3

Please let me know if you are able to unzip this folder and execute workflow successfully.

dsevilimedu
7 - Meteor

@csmith11 wow.. just wow. this works great!

only one thing that I would like to try to fix

I moved all the files to my shared drive. My Alteryx workflow, sample template, sample output are saved in path A, and when I run the workflow, it saves output files in path A itself.

How can I keep my workflow, sample template, and sample output in Path A but have output files saved in Path B? I changed the path from [Engine.WorkflowDirectory] to Path B but my .bat is not working. Attaching the error

Should I map .bat file?

dsevilimedu
7 - Meteor

I finally figured it out and fixed it. It works like a charm! Thank you so much! 

Labels