Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create journal entries table with Alteryx output

kkhan003
5 - Atom

I have calculated the amortisation and interest expense numbers through a complex workflow and summarised the data into monthly columns.

Now I want to create a separate table with accounting double entries using these numbers e.g. interest expense amount for Jan should be used to create the following journals..

Dr. Interest expense 3,231

Cr. Lease liability (3,231) - note that line item is not in my original data, I want to manually add it and then map it with negative amount of interest expense.

Any ideas on how this can be done?

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx
Because your months are columns in your dataset it looks like you will need to create rows for the additional line items that you want included and then union the data sets together.

When you do a union it stacks data between the two datasets and puts the data in the columns with matching column names. So if the value of the Dr. Interest Expense has the same column name as the January column header in your main data, it will be stacked when you feed both data sources into a union tool.
pierrejn
6 - Meteoroid

Brandon or anyone who can help, I have a similar need however I will also need the offsetting entries to populate specific account numbers based on a conditional relationship to the other entry? Do you have any suggestions?

If original entry is a debit from account 111, below it create a credit entry from account 222

If original entry is a credit from account 333, below it create a debit entry from account 222

Labels