Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create an index 100

riad_hamoudi
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, I need help to make a simple workflow on alteryx!
Actually, I want to create an index (100) by variable and Zone, using the value of this variable (%) by zone  and divided on national average (Line2). It's very simple to do it in excel, but I have a matrix 4000 x 4000, so I think that alteryx is the best way to do it fast. Any suggestion.Thanks% to index.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@riad_hamoudi,

Please forgive me.  I am on my way out of the office, but wanted to give you a solution before I left.  The attached workflow will produce the index values that you are in need of.

Please review the workflow and I'll be happy to explain this to you if you have questions.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

I see @MarqueeCrew posted a little ahead of me but figured I would post the solution I came up with in case we did something differently.  My results are a little off because I copied the integer values from the Excel file, but if given the correct values, the solution would accomplish what you are looking to do!

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

Here is another version that is more data driven and respects your field names and order without a manual Select tool.

index.png

- Record ID to retain the correct sort at the end
- Transpose to make the data tall
- Field Info to get a list of field names
- Record ID to add a Field ID
- Join on Name to use Field ID instead of Name (this will ensure correct sorting and naming of fields after Cross Tab at the end)
- Filter to pull out the Region records as the index
- Join in the Region value on Field ID
- Formula to compute the Index Value
- Cross Tab to make the data wide again
- Dynamic Rename to set the field names

If you do not use these techniques, the Cross Tab tool will sort the fields alphabetically, and any non-letter/number characters will be replaced with underscores.

riad_hamoudi
7 - Meteor

Thank your for your help

Could you please, save it under this version, I can't open It.

Capture.PNG

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@riad_hamoudi,

Saved as requested.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
riad_hamoudi
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Marquee

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

see https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Different-Versio... for adjusting a file version.

Attached is this applied to my approach.

riad_hamoudi
7 - Meteor

Thanks Joe! Working wlle, I appreciate

Labels