Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create an Array of x rows and apply an if to the array

DS80845
7 - Meteor

Hi there

Below what I'm trying to achieve:

1)I have a higher and lower number

S2 H e.g. 4110899

S2 L e.g. 4110000

2)The above two numbers represent a range from  4110000 to 4110899

the variable let's call it "asize"=S2 H - S2L which equals to: 4110899 - 4110000=899

3) I want to create an array of 899 rows which includes {4110000 (1st row in the array), 4110001.....4110898 (last row in the array)}

4) Finally I want to check if a specific number let's say 4110050 is within the created array, if true return 1 or "TRUE". In the example above this will return "TRUE".

Hope the above is clear enough. Please let me know if you require more details.

*Attached an Input/Output file

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Damiano

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Can you provide sample input data, and desired output?

You'll likely need to use the Generate Rows tool.

Chris

DS80845
7 - Meteor

Hi Chris

I've added the input output in my original post.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Damiano

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

see attached example. The generate rows tool creates a record for every value between your two limits. Then you join to a different input with your target number. If the "J" anchor has any records, then your condition is true.

You could make this a bit more interactive with messaging tools or even as an analytic app where the user can identify the limits and target numbers, etc.

DS80845
7 - Meteor

Thanks Neil

That's very helpful.

Do you know whether is possible to do something similar using characters rather than numbers?

Regards,

Damiano 

Labels