Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create accumulated sales column (new issue)

brunod
7 - Meteor

Hi Community!

In discussion bellow (link bellow) I needed help to calculate the cumulative sales, but I found somenthing new I need some help again.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Create-accumulated-sales-column/m-p/46...

I used 'running total', but I found something... when a country-product doesn't have a sales in especific period (year-month), the cumulative total sales to that period is equal to zero.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I took the solution from yesterday and removed some rows. I started by using Summarize and Append tools to create a list of all possible Country/Product/Month combinations. Then I Unioned this with the original data and took the max available Sales value.

Once this information was compiled, the application of the Running Total tool was the same. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @brunod 

When I run the solution from @CharlieS and delete some values from the sales column the value shows as null, but the running total continues.

r.png

What is the output you're looking for?

Dan

brunod
7 - Meteor

@CharlieS wrote:

I took the solution from yesterday and removed some rows. I started by using Summarize and Append tools to create a list of all possible Country/Product/Month combinations. Then I Unioned this with the original data and took the max available Sales value.

Once this information was compiled, the application of the Running Total tool was the same. 

Thank you @CharlieS ! It works!

And I need to sort data by period before running total, otherwise it won't sum in the correct chronological order.

brunod
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang !

If you delete a line, for example, 2019 02, the total running would only show 2019 01 and 2019 03, but its necessary show all three months. @CharlieS gave us a way to do that and it worked. 

Labels