Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create accumulated sales column (new issue)

brunod
7 - Meteor

Hi Community!

In discussion bellow (link bellow) I needed help to calculate the cumulative sales, but I found somenthing new I need some help again.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Create-accumulated-sales-column/m-p/46...

I used 'running total', but I found something... when a country-product doesn't have a sales in especific period (year-month), the cumulative total sales to that period is equal to zero.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I took the solution from yesterday and removed some rows. I started by using Summarize and Append tools to create a list of all possible Country/Product/Month combinations. Then I Unioned this with the original data and took the max available Sales value.

Once this information was compiled, the application of the Running Total tool was the same. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @brunod 

When I run the solution from @CharlieS and delete some values from the sales column the value shows as null, but the running total continues.

r.png

What is the output you're looking for?

Dan

brunod
7 - Meteor

@CharlieS wrote:

I took the solution from yesterday and removed some rows. I started by using Summarize and Append tools to create a list of all possible Country/Product/Month combinations. Then I Unioned this with the original data and took the max available Sales value.

Once this information was compiled, the application of the Running Total tool was the same. 

Thank you @CharlieS ! It works!

And I need to sort data by period before running total, otherwise it won't sum in the correct chronological order.

brunod
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang !

If you delete a line, for example, 2019 02, the total running would only show 2019 01 and 2019 03, but its necessary show all three months. @CharlieS gave us a way to do that and it worked. 

Labels