Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create a new column from drop down input

laneytrax
6 - Meteoroid

I'd like to create a new column in my data that contains a month string based on user input from a drop down. My data is a fairly simple Excel file with 3 columns (id, unit and counts). This data is run monthly and I need to add the month (in the form Jan, Feb, Mar....) in a column each time this data is run.

I thought it would be easy to use a dropdown tool to list the months, have the user choose the appropriate month and then have this month column appended to the data. But, I consistently get an error or "No Output Files". I've tried many variations on strings. I've tried using numbers and converting to months. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @laneytrax ,

I've attached a workflow which uses a date picker to select the date on which you're running it, that will then place the month in a column.

Remember to set your browse in the "Interface Designer" window to show the results.

Hope this helps.

M.

(For some reason I can't upload apps, so it's uploaded as a workflow)

Bulien

laneytrax
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You're very welcome, glad I could help.

Bulien

Labels