Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create a label colored Principal Components Analysis (PCA)

pierrelouisbescond
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

A few days ago I was asking if there was any way to produce labeled colored PCA with the "Principal Components" tool but the package used in the initial R distribution from Designer does not allow that.

I am happy to share a simple workflow, using R "factoextra" library that does the trick 😀 (many thanks to Elisa, a talented Data Scientist from my team, who helped me on that one since I am not R-fluent!)

First, you will need to have "factoextra" package installed. The code included in the R tool will check that for you and install the package if required but, in case the installation does not work, you can check this link for a manual installation.

Then, it is just a matter of linking your data source to the R-Tool and it will output a few charts, including a nice colored PCA like the one below:

pierrelouisbescond_0-1640094827490.png

Hope it will help so PCA-coloring-folks 😁

Pierre-Louis

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@pierrelouisbescond ,

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

And thank you Elisa!

M.

ps - @TheOC 

Bulien

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Big fan of this, nice post @pierrelouisbescond , thanks for sharing! 

Bulien
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@pierrelouisbescond Awesome stuff 🙂

Labels