Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create a column from a textbox

batman0057
6 - Meteoroid

Hi community!

I'm developing a workflow and I want to run it as an app. 

I want that the user introduce a date value, and create a whole column with that date value but I have an error and I do not know why.

Any input on how to solve this? 

Thanks!! 

3 REPLIES 3
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The value being input is probably not in the correct syntax for a date (2020-06-23).

Is there a reason why you don't want to use the Date interface tool and are using the text box? If you use the Date interface, it will ensure the incoming string is always in the correct format. Otherwise, you just need to specify a date in the correct syntax.

Hope this helps!

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @batman0057 

The best way to find your error is to open the Interface Designer, the click on the 2nd tab on the left for 'Test View', and enter the values in used in a App here, and click 'Open Debug', this will then create a new workflow with your Inputs, which hopefully is easily to troubleshoot.

I've attached a workflow which will hopefully help you.  To me it looks like you are replacing the text "Fec_val", rather than the field [Fec_val].  

Hope it helps...

batman0057
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @echuong1

Yes I tried with that app before and I had the same mistake that the value had an invalid format! 

But I have corrected with @markcurry 's suggestion, at the beginning I had the same problem because it was a String attribute, then I just converted the column with the datetime function and it worked!!!! with one more step but it's working now. 

Thank you both for your support and advice!!! 

batman0057_0-1592948941588.png

Labels