Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Yes/No Column based on Find String

jhan
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I am trying to create a table where it reads from the input, and creates the output as follows:

Input Output        
Features ParkingMicrowaveDryerGardenWashing MachineExercise RoomBalconyParkingDishwasher
Parking, Microwave, Dryer, Garden, Washing Machine YesYesYesYesYesNoNoNoNo
NULL NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Exercise Room, Balcony, Parking, Dishwasher, Dryer NoNoYesNoNoYesYesYesYes

I tried using IF formulas and Find Strings, but to no avail; they only worked for the first feature type, and it started getting a little screwy.

There are quite a few categories of features, and it would be ideal if it can somehow figure out what is contained in the "Features" column.

If not, there is a list of may be 50-60 items that can potentially show up on the features section.

If someone can point me in the right direction, or suggestion, would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @jhan,

This might be a solution for you? First you need to split to rows and transpose.

Then append all fields to your features and use the multi-field tool to identify matches.

Kind regards,

Yalmar

TrevorY
Alteryx
Alteryx

I've attached an example of how you might do this - I think the best way is to create a column for each of the possible amenities and create if/then statements for each one. I've attached a workflow that shows how you might go about this. 

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

There's probably an easier way, but the attached workflow gets the result you are looking for.

Capture.PNG

jhan
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you everyone for your help!

I am learning alot through this community!

Labels