Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Table in Amazon Redshift with Alteryx

Daniel_Jamet_Bais
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone, I have a problem with creating a table using Alteryx amazon redshift.
To better understand the problem, I'm trying to do a join between two tables that are already in amazon redshift and thus create a new table join.
The first time you make the process took almost 2 hours and me the below message appeared:

Info: Write Data In-DB (4): ODBC Driver version: 03.80

Error: Write Data In-DB (4): Error running PreSQL on "NoTable": [Amazon][RedShift ODBC] (30) Error occurred while trying to execute a query: server closed the connection unexpectedly

This probably means the server terminated abnormally

before or while processing the request.

I did more tests and I kept showing the same message. To see if it was a connection problem, I tried creating a table with only 50 records, succeeding within minutes of start

Then you ask the client about their ability at Amazon Redshift and they said it has enough capacity to store the new table and query when performing complex, they have managed to finish them, but 19 hours later

This is my problem, nose if I have to configure the connection otherwise in-database

Appreciate it your help and sorry diction, since I am translating with google translator
Atte
Daniel Jamet Bais

2 REPLIES 2
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Are you connecting to Redshift from outside of EC2?

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/connecting-firewall-guidance.html

Also, 2 hours for a join seems abnormal. Are you joining tables on the distrubtion key?

Daniel_Jamet_Bais
7 - Meteor

1.png

Labels