Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Schema in Pre Ceate SQL Statement don´t work

CaptainJaneway
7 - Meteor

I tried to create a new Schema with Pre SQL with the following statements, which work fine in the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio but now in Alteryx:

• CREATE SCHEMA Sales AUTHORIZATION [dbo]  -> No error message, but also no new Schema. 
  • CREATE SCHEMA Sales -> No error message and also no new Schema. 

I have no problem to create a new DB-table with an existing schema. But this is not what I need. I appreciate any suggestions. 

CreateSchema.png

4 REPLIES 4
JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @CaptainJaneway

Based on the screenshot, you are trying to create a Schema while appending to an existing database. If you change the Output option to "Create" do you have the same issue? Do you have the permissions for the database to create a schema?

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
CaptainJaneway
7 - Meteor

I choosed an existing database and database-table. One step before the Output Tool I use the "Select Records"-Tool with 0 rows. It´s not my intention to put new data in the database-table. I just want create a new schema and as far as I can see, the pre or post sql statement is maybe the only way to do so. I have all permissions on the database.  

JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @CaptainJaneway

I think this post may be what you are looking for:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Create-table-from-schema-definition/m-...

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
CaptainJaneway
7 - Meteor

Thank you. It´s a solution. Meanwhile I have created a stored procedure, which I can execute in Alteryx. Works also fine. 

Labels