Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create Pivot Table without Values

walkerj7
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create a pivot table that consists of only string columns.  I have seen many examples within the community showing how to make pivot tables with one or two string columns and multiple value columns, but unfortunately I have not seen any of these.  Any help would be of great assistance as I have just started using Alteryx in the last few months and my client demands excel like tables from MASSIVE data sets.    

Raw Data

walkerj7_2-1642050776959.png

Pivot Table

walkerj7_3-1642050814646.png

- Day Walker

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @walkerj7 

Alteryx can only create look-alike table. It cant create an actual pivot table. If you are ok with this please provide data in an excel file.

We will be happy to help : )

walkerj7
7 - Meteor

Here is the excel file.  The example above was done in Google sheets, so the pivot in excel will not look the same, but will have the same functionality. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @walkerj7 

Sorry, pivot is not possible in Alteryx.

walkerj7
7 - Meteor

That's truly unfortunate.  Not sure why something so simple can literally be impossible. 

Thanks for your help.

Labels